Turkey Hat - too cute
* Brown paper bags
* Cardboard (cereal box)
* Glue stick
* Colored construction paper
* 2 small white pom-poms
* Black permanent marker
1. From the brown paper bags, cut a circle 3 1/2 inches in diameter for the turkey's head. Next, cut a 3-inch-wide band to fit around your child's head.
2. From the cardboard, cut a strip 5 by 1 1/2 inches to use for a neck. Fold it three times accordion style, then glue one end to the back of the paper circle.
3. For a beak, fold yellow construction paper and cut out a small double triangle (1 1/2 inches along the fold). Cut a rounded L from red paper for the turkey's wattle.
4. To create eyes, draw a black circle on each pom-pom with the marker. Glue the eyes, wattle and one side of the beak to the head. Let them dry. Then, glue the loose end of the neck to the center of the headband.
5. Turkey Hat Completed Now, wrap the headband around your child's head; mark where the ends overlap, then remove the band and glue the ends. Finally, glue on construction paper feathers and wings.
11-20-2009 10:54 AM
hahahaha looks cute ... maybe id try iw with my sons this time around at thanks giving day!